Tuesday 9 September 2014

Lougher to Weobly Castle and Return

I was on grass cutting duty for my son today as he is a work slave trying to educate the youth of Swansea.

So as to make the best of the day I took my bike along with a plan to cycle from Lougher bridge and head out on the north coast of the Gower.

Route

This was a new route for me and a recce for a possible overnight further into the Gower.

I was pleased to find a traffic free part of the route along the North Gower Way which led to the outskirts of Penclawdd.




Then at Crofty I took a minor road which took me alongside Llanrhidian Marshes, with warnings that high tides may flood the road and the danger of unexploded ordnance on the marsh!




On through Llanrhidian I then took the road to Weobly Castle, one I had not previously seen. I did not pay the fee but perhaps next time when I repeat the ride with Paul.  It looks like there may be fine views from the castle.



I retraced my ride back to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment